Sunday, 12 September 2010

Why A Blog?

"Most people - even most Christians - do not have a basic knowledge of the Bible.  How can we understand the story of God - and our part in it - when we're not familiar with it?"  D.A. Carson, 'The God Who is There'

My hope is that this blog will allow me the opportunity to share my notes (thoughts) on various books that I have read and am reading that illuminate the beauty of the living God that created everything and whom seeks relationship with ordinary people like you and I.

I have decided to start with a book written by the Canadian theologian D.A. Carson.  The book 'The God Who Is There' was written as a basic introduction to Christian faith.
 
The book is made up of 14 chapters:
1. The God Who Made Everything
2. The God Who Does Not Wipe Out Rebels
3. The God Who Writes His Own Agreements
4. The God Who Legislates
5. The God Who Reigns
6. The God Who Is Unfathomably Wise
7. The God Who Becomes A Human Being
8. The God Who Grants New Birth
9. The God Who Loves
10. The God Who Dies - And Lives Again
11. The God Who Declares the Gulty Just
12. The God Wo Gathers and Transforms His People
13. The God Who Is Very Angry
14. The God Who Triumphs

The book is available from Amazon for £8.99.  I will attach a link at the end of each (Chapter) post to a 50 minute talk given by the author on the topic 

I would really encourage anybody reading my ramblings to post general comments, questions and disagreements on what I have written  

No comments:

Post a Comment